What is ITPA (Information Technology Process Automation)?
Information Technology process automation is software that helps to automate software processes, which results in an improvement in operational efficiency, mitigates operational risk, reduces cost, and improves standards enforcement.
IT process automation software, in particular, is a set of activities that combines tools, people, and various techniques through automated workflows. IT process automation tool’s aim is to automate and improve IT operations such as application monitoring, service desk, as well as infrastructure management.
For this specifically, IT process automation includes monitoring applications and IT workflows. ITPA helps align IT processes with multiple functions.
Key IT Process Automation Features
IT process automation is very helpful in various ways to a company. There are multiple features that an IT process automation consists of that makes them useful. Features such as:
- IT process automation allows the software to build custom forms to collect data from external users.
- It doesn’t require you to know how to code. You can manage without coding.
- IT process automation is integration-friendly. It allows you to link your workflows with APIs and handy tools.
- Process automation software is good for increasing scalability. It handles increased users, data volume, as well as complexity with ease.
- It has a simple, uncomplicated design giving it an easy to use interface and a user-friendly background.
- IT process automation software also allows real time analytics, which is also very important for a business.
- IT process automation software also allows dynamic workflows, so even when you are away from work, your workflow keeps moving.
- Designing processes from scratch with visual prices builders. It allows you to have a customizable interface.
- It also gives you a visual dashboard that lets you track and report the SLA status of your processes.
What are the process automation tools relevant now?
The use of process automation is constantly increasing. It is greatly useful to people’s businesses and organizations. Therefore more and more people are utilizing it. Most of the automation projects earlier used to involve IT system upgrades, but now there are various tools to automate tasks on a variety of systems.
What are the different types of process automation tools?
There are three types of process automation tools. There is the general process automation tool, the business function-specific automation tool, and the Macro automates process tool.
General process automation tool
The general process automation tool is very efficient and versatile too. It can work with multiple platforms and serve any industry or business. It has two kinds of tools: Robot process automation and cognitive tools as well as low code application platforms.
Robot process automation and cognitive tools:
Robot process automation and cognitive tools are the most flexible tools to be used. They have excellent screening capabilities and can manipulate the user interface like a living being. This is considered a big advantage, especially in automation legacy applications that only utilize user interface and not API.
Low code application platforms:
Low code application platforms are usually very useful in allowing quick and smooth automation of modern applications by non-technical users. They also allow process orchestration features that enable thorough process management. These are usually easier to use compared to robot process automation tools and are recommended when the tasks use modern systems with APIs.
Business function-specific automation tool:
Business function-specific automation tools are tools that have specific automation needs that can be satisfied by specific process automation tools. These process automation tools are used to automate complex multi system-dependent processes. IT process automation is the most popular tool in this realm. It greatly helps the IT departments of a business to automate complex processes without the worry of user experience.
Macro automate process tool:
The Macro automate process tool is the oldest to exist. They were used to create spreadsheet shortcuts, organize data, and make advanced calculations. They were also helpful in making text substitutions and mouse shortcuts. This tool was very useful when it came to tasks to perform every day.
FieldEZ IT automation process tools
FieldEZ tries to make your process simpler in any way they can. They provide advanced tools that optimize all the necessary and time-consuming operations that could be done by hand.
This, in turn, helps you save time and money. The process automation tool increases customer satisfaction as well as employee satisfaction. It also allows your company to have control and visibility. The tool improves the quality of the service and reduces human errors. It further improves measurement abilities as well as communication. Therefore, FieldEZ IT automation process tools are extremely beneficial for your company.
How to choose the right type of process automation tool?
It is important to have the right type of process automation tool catered to the business’ personal needs. The type of business or industry you are in should make a choice for you. The tool should be very effective and beneficial for you and your business. You have to make sure:
- The tool is easy to implement
- It is user friendly
- It has the speed to not delay any or your work.
- You have to keep in mind its technical features and what it can bring to you and your company. That should include screen scraping, cognitive capabilities, and its security features.
- It should be cost-effective.
- It should considerably increase scalability.
- The tool’s architecture should be able to adapt to performing multiple tasks.
- The tool should also come with a promise of vendor support to its clients. Reliable providers tend to provide more trustworthy products.
- The tool should provide good visibility to the people in the process. It should include notifications of pending tasks, ROI dashboards, and other monitoring and control mechanisms.
- The tool you purchase should have a commendable handling process. It should be able to detect errors quickly and reduce the manual effort to search for corrections. This should lead to a considerable decrease in human errors.